Dr. Schreck envisioned a blog that would contain model responses to her assignments, giving future students an example to pull from.
That blog is located at jmiller-sxumath150-summer2019.blogspot.com
In my first week's assignment, I was asked to research "fractals" and choose an example that would be 3D printable. I chose the dragon curve, and a dragon curve vase found on myminifactory.com.
The assignment was to:
• Learn something about fractals in general
• Choose a fractal to research and write a blog post about that fractal
• Find a 3D printable file that represents that fractal
• Learn how to properly credit and source things from the internet like images, links, facts, etc.
• Demonstrate that you can embed things like images, videos, and links into a blog post
Also, several videos were required viewing.
This one:
This one:
This one:
...and this one
All of which were really good at making the subject of folding/fractals approachable. I personally enjoyed the doodle video and that hydraulic press videos the most, and look forward to working with some paper in class.
Finally, I had some paper assignments, breaking down two triangular shapes and one square shape into smaller fractals. I did this by following written instructions and observing the changes to the shape.
That blog is located at jmiller-sxumath150-summer2019.blogspot.com
In my first week's assignment, I was asked to research "fractals" and choose an example that would be 3D printable. I chose the dragon curve, and a dragon curve vase found on myminifactory.com.
The assignment was to:
• Learn something about fractals in general
• Choose a fractal to research and write a blog post about that fractal
• Find a 3D printable file that represents that fractal
• Learn how to properly credit and source things from the internet like images, links, facts, etc.
• Demonstrate that you can embed things like images, videos, and links into a blog post
Also, several videos were required viewing.
This one:
This one:
This one:
...and this one
All of which were really good at making the subject of folding/fractals approachable. I personally enjoyed the doodle video and that hydraulic press videos the most, and look forward to working with some paper in class.
Finally, I had some paper assignments, breaking down two triangular shapes and one square shape into smaller fractals. I did this by following written instructions and observing the changes to the shape.
Comments
Post a Comment